CBS Local allows you to enjoy content and features on CBS Local Web Sites without directly providing any contact information.
- If you choose to share contact information with us, CBS Local will identify any options you have for controlling the use of this information at the time it is collected.
- You are also given the opportunity to opt out of commercial email or text messages from a particular CBS Local Web Site or service by following the instructions contained in any such message.
- You have choices about the collection and use of your data by third parties to deliver relevant advertising, as described in our overview of third-party online advertising.
CBS Local allows you to update or disable the contact information you have provided through our Web Sites.
CBS Local has adopted commercially reasonable information security policies and practices to help protect your information.
CBS Local responds to user inquiries, participates in industry programs, and has adopted privacy practices that are consistent with applicable country, state, and local data protection laws.
Use of Information
We may share your information:
- To provide the services you request.
- To tell you about offers we think you will value.
- To customize the content and advertising you see.
- To improve your experience on CBS Local Web Sites.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or with your consent.
- If you choose to share contact information with us, you will have the opportunity to update that information.
- You can stop the delivery of commercial email messages from a CBS Local Web Site or service by following the instructions in any such email you receive. You have choices about the collection and use of your information by third parties to display relevant advertisements, as described in our overview of third-party online advertising.
We collect a variety of information about you, including:
- Information you provide directly to a CBS Local Web Site.
- Information about your computer and browsing activities on the CBS Local Web Sites, including through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies.
- Information about you from other sources where permitted by law.
Disclosure of Information
We use the information we collect:
- When we have obtained your consent.
- With our third-party service providers.
- With business partners who sponsor a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion or who jointly offer a service or feature with a CBS Local Web Site.
- Within the family of CBS Local Web Sites and other CBS businesses.
- If a CBS radio or television station participating in a CBS Local Web Site is sold to another company.
- To protect or defend the rights of CBS Local or our users.
- When required by law or public authorities.
- CBS Local is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
- We have adopted commercially reasonable procedures to help protect your information, but please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How to Contact Us